Cream Puffs ( choux a la creme )
for the choux pastry:
*120g sifted flour
*200g eggs ( about 4 medium sized eggs)
the custard cream:
*20g sifted flour
*3 egg yolks
The choux pastry:
1. Prepare all the ingredients.
2. Put the water, butter and salt in a pot.
3. Bring to a boiling point.
4. Remove from the stove and add the sifted flour at once.
5. Mix strongly with a wooden spatula until obtaining a homogeneous and chunkless dough.
6. Put back on the stove and dry the dough, stirring constantly until it doesn’t stick to the sides of the pot, forming a ball.
7. Take away from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
8. Combine the eggs one after the other using a wooden spatula.
9. In the beginning the egg is hard to combine. Insist and mix strongly.
10. Combine with the other eggs, one at a time. The paste is ready for use.
11. Insert pastry in a piping bag,with the round nozzle. Pipe pastry on a lightly oil-brushed flat baking pan. Gently pat the top of the pastry with a fork,slightly dipped in water.
12. Bake in pre-heated oven ay 200 degress, and lower the temprature to 170 degress once pastry starts to swell.
The custard cream:
1. Bring the milk to a boiling point, with a few drops of vanilla essence.
2. Mix the yolks and sugar and whisk until pale and light.
3. Add the flour.
4. As soon as the milk starts to boil pour at once the milk on the eggs, whisking.
5. Transfer back into the milk pot and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, constantly stirring and making sure the cream doesn’t stick to the bottom. The cream will get thicker.
6. The cream is ready. To prevent the formation of a crust on the surface, you can cover it with a plastic film put directly on the cream or brush with a knob of butter. Leave to cool.
1. Sliced the cooled choux pastry into 2 and put a spoon of custard cream in it.
2. Sift icing sugar on top.
..yupp..tried making some home-made cream puff at home..why? because i saw this TV show about cream puffs..haha! dan dan tros buat..it’s not that hard..you guys should give it a try