Spice Cake ( Kek Berempah )
- 250 g sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 g baking powder
- 1 g salt
- 250 g white sugar
- 200 g unsalted butter – chilled, cut into tablespoon-size pieces
- 3 g grated lime zest
- 3 g ground nutmeg
- 1 g ground cinnamon
- 1 g ground allspice
- 3 eggs
- 1 teasppon honey
- 120 ml evaporated milk ( kalau tak ada susu sejat,susu biasa pon boleh)
- 50g nuts ( eg: cashew,walnut,almond)
- 30g raisins
- *OPTIONAL* 20g dried fruits ( eg: cherry )
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the lime zest, honey, nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk, stirring after each addition. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 75 to 90 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Halfway through cooking, bring out the cake and sprinkle crushed nuts,raisins and dried fruits. Then continue to bake until cooked.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.
Again,found the recipe at AllRecipes.com from a recipe called the Grenadian Spice Cake. Though I did make some changes. The original recipe called for susu biasa but I used susu sejat instead. I also added walnuts and raisins sbb tak nak kek nya rasa plain sgt :p
Rasa kek ni macam kek buah sikit2 tapi sedikit lain sbb letak hirisan kulit limau purut in the acuan. Very nice and sesuai untuk minum2 petang 🙂