- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 15 g baking powder
- 5 g salt
- 15 g white sugar
- 70 g shortening
- 200 ml milk
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Gradually stir in milk until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl. Agak2 masa masukkan susu. Make sure adunan tak terlalu lembik or terlalu kering. You can adjust the amount of milk ikut kesesuaian adunan ( can be less than 200ml )
3. Turn out onto a floured surface, and knead 15 to 20 times. Pat or roll dough out to 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits with a large cutter or juice glass dipped in flour. Repeat until all dough is used. Brush off the excess flour, and place biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet. I prefer buat mcm jemput2/cucur and just uli pakai tangan. Much easier!
4. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges begin to brown
..yup..I had these with my roasted chicken for lunch today.Teramat la simple and senang untuk dibuat. Asalkan ada tepung,margarine(utk ganti shortening,incase tade),susu and baking powder, then you’re all set! Takes up less than 20minutes utk siap. Osusume desu!
courtesy of:J.P.’s Big Daddy Biscuits of AllRecipes.com
Here’s a great link I found on the net for substutions:
Banyak juga cara-cara nak menukar or mengganttikan bahan2 utk memasak especially utk membakar kek, biskut etc.
So,kalau ada bahan yang dalam recipe yang kita tak ada di dapur, bolehlah gantikan dengan benda lain yang lebih simple.
For example, after Ain commented on my cheesecake recipe on how to ganti sour cream, I found out that ada beberapa cara utk menggantikan sour cream(krim masam):
3/4 cup buttermilk plus 1/3 cup butter or
margarine (melt, cool and add to buttermilk)
1/3 cup buttermilk, 1 tablespoon lemon
juice, and 1 cup cottage cheese-blended until smooth
3/4 cup milk, 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice, and
1/3 cup butter or margarine (melt, cool and add to milk)
1 cup plain yogurt or reduced-fat sour cream (will lower fat in recipes and alter the texture and taste)
So, to those yang tak berapa pasti nak menggantikan what with what, boleh lah check kat webpage ini. I found it very useful
BISKUT CORNFLAKES ( Cornflake Cookies )
250 g butter
180 g fine sugar
300 g flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Red cherry for decoration
How to make:
1. Sift flour with baking powder
2. Crunch cornflakes into tiny bits ( try not to over-crunch it, though 🙂 )
3. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy and add in the eggs, followed by vanilla essence
4. Add in flour and cronflakes.
5. Spoon out the mixture onto the cookie tray
6. Cut cherry into small pieces and put on to cookie to garnish
7. Bake at 150degree Celcius for 10-15minutes.
..tried out the recipe..turned out very the yummy, but as the chef also said “rupenye tak cantik,tapi rasenye sedap!” hehe..couldn’t agree more!
( recipe courtesy of Dari Dapur Ogy )