Later on this week, I made a wonderful dessert from, again, Allrecipes.com called Chocolate Cake with Liquid Centers @ Lava Cake.
It was really good, and it did melt in mouth, just as described in the recipe. My advise is to eat it while it’s still warm with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Or you can leave it in the fridge and it’ll taste even better the next day
Give it a try!
And then I made some chips, and what’s amazing about it, is that I didn’t fry them, but instead I microwaved ’em. And it turned out super crispy and super yummy! I was skeptical at first, but when I tried it, it turned out to be just like those natural potato chips you get in grocery stores. Trust me, it works!
How to make:
- Clean potatoes (you can peel off the skin if you want, I left mine on) and slice it into thin slices.
- Lightly coat with olive oil or any kind of oil with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Spread them over your microwave ceramic plate in a single layer and cook ’em in the microwave at HIGH for about 4-5minutes.
Thanks to Lydia from My Kitchen, for sharing us the tip on how to make healthy chips minus the oil and calories. And trust me,it taste gooooooooodddd!
Spice Cake ( Kek Berempah )
- 250 g sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 g baking powder
- 1 g salt
- 250 g white sugar
- 200 g unsalted butter – chilled, cut into tablespoon-size pieces
- 3 g grated lime zest
- 3 g ground nutmeg
- 1 g ground cinnamon
- 1 g ground allspice
- 3 eggs
- 1 teasppon honey
- 120 ml evaporated milk ( kalau tak ada susu sejat,susu biasa pon boleh)
- 50g nuts ( eg: cashew,walnut,almond)
- 30g raisins
- *OPTIONAL* 20g dried fruits ( eg: cherry )
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the lime zest, honey, nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk, stirring after each addition. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 75 to 90 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Halfway through cooking, bring out the cake and sprinkle crushed nuts,raisins and dried fruits. Then continue to bake until cooked.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.
Again,found the recipe at AllRecipes.com from a recipe called the Grenadian Spice Cake. Though I did make some changes. The original recipe called for susu biasa but I used susu sejat instead. I also added walnuts and raisins sbb tak nak kek nya rasa plain sgt :p
Rasa kek ni macam kek buah sikit2 tapi sedikit lain sbb letak hirisan kulit limau purut in the acuan. Very nice and sesuai untuk minum2 petang 🙂
- 950 g fresh strawberries
- 120 g white sugar
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 15 g baking powder
- 20 g white sugar
- 1 g salt
- 60 g shortening
- 1 egg
- 140 ml milk
- 420 ml whipped heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
How to make:
1. Slice the strawberries and toss them with 1/2 cup of white sugar. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease and flour one 8 inch round cake pan.
3. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons white sugar and the salt. With a pastry blender cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Add lemon juice into milk and let it set for a while. Then,make a well in the center and add the beaten egg and milk. Stir until just combined.
4. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool partially in pan on wire rack.
5. Slice partially cooled cake in half, making two layers. Place half of the strawberries on one layer and top with the other layer. Top with remaining strawberries and cover with the whipped cream.
A perfect dessert that can be done in such a short time. Sweet in the mouth & pleasant to the eyes as well
courtesy of:Strawberry Shortcake of AllRecipes.com
Chocolate Cake ( Kek Coklat )
- 290g flour
- 150g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1tbsp baking soda
- 675g sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 230ml milk
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 170g butter
- 250ml strong coffee
How to make:
- Sift together all the dry ingredients;flour,cocoa powder,baking powder,baking soda,salt.
- Stir in sugar. Sukatan gula ni quite banyak, so if you guys rasa tanak manis sgt,you can always lessen the amount.
- Combine eggs and vanilla essence in a different bowl. You guys kena make sure that the eggs are at room temperature. Kalau bawak kluar straight from fridge let it warm up to suhu bilik dulu baru guna.
- Mix in the eggs into the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, add milk and lemon juice. Actually, this is to substitute buttermilk. Since buttermilk ni susah juga nk carik,you guys can always use this substitution.Let the milk sit for awhile, sampai susu tu jadi pekat sedikit.
- Melt the butter.
- Add in milk(buttermilk tadi),melted butter and coffee ( coffee ni boleh guna Nescafe yang dah dicampur dgn air ) to the dry ingredients.
- This batter will bake you two 9-inch(23cm) cakes. So kalau nak buat satu je,then separuhkan all the ingredients diatas.
- Bake in pre-heated oven (180degrees) for about 50mins or so. You guys kena make sure that you guys preheat the oven dulu. This is very important in order to make sure cake korang bakar naik dengan elok, and doesn’t sink in the middle.
- Transfer pans to a wire cooling rack. Make sure that you guys let the cake cool off completely before doing any decorations on the cake.
I found this recipe after purchasing a book on Cake decorations from Amazon.com:
Kate’s Cake Decorating:
Techniques and Tips for Fun and Fancy Cakes Baked with Love
Buku ni is mainly on how to make decorations for you cake, but inside are also a few recipes on cakes,fondants,buttercream etc. Agak menarik. And I tell you, the chocolate cake is AMAZING!
Sila la cuba resepi kek coklat ni. And if you find some of the ingredients terlebih ke terkurang ke, you can always make adjustments based on you own taste.
Kentuky Fried Chicken with Home-made Chilli Sauce
(crispy fried chicken, topped with saucy chilli sauce, served with rice)
(vanilla flavoured Shciffon cake,crispy on the outside,moist in the inside)
..yeay..food brings you happiness&fullness =) nothing is more fulfilling than great food..yumm yumm..