I made some brownies, after reading a thread at Forum.Cari.com. The owner of the recipe, K.Mas created her own version of an absolutely chewy, gooey and yummy brownies and I just couldn’t say no to it and ran straight to the kitchen
It turned out as described, chewy gooey and yummy! Here’s the recipe fellas:
- 250g butter, cubed
- 400g chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 340g brown sugar
- 2tsp esen vanilla
- 20g chocolate emulco** (I think can be left out if you don’t have any)
- 80g flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 140g nuts (almond, walnuts etc)
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 160deg and lined a baking tray with baking sheet
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a microwave (stir occasionally) or using double-boiler method. Set aside.
- Mix together egg,sugar, chocolate emulco and vanilla essence until sugar had dissolved.
- Mix the two mixture (egg mixture + chocolate mixture) and stir until just combined.
- Sift flour and cocoa powder and add to wet mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Pour in baking tray and bake for about 1 hour.
- Let the brownies completely cooled before cutting. Better yet, leave it overnight and then cut it into cubes.
I added sliced almonds, made only half of the recipe and made some into small mini brownies using a mini cupcake tray.
Something yummy for the tummy in the weekend.
Thank you K.Mas for the recipe. Will be in my favourite list from now on.
Later on this week, I made a wonderful dessert from, again, Allrecipes.com called Chocolate Cake with Liquid Centers @ Lava Cake.
It was really good, and it did melt in mouth, just as described in the recipe. My advise is to eat it while it’s still warm with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Or you can leave it in the fridge and it’ll taste even better the next day
Give it a try!
And then I made some chips, and what’s amazing about it, is that I didn’t fry them, but instead I microwaved ’em. And it turned out super crispy and super yummy! I was skeptical at first, but when I tried it, it turned out to be just like those natural potato chips you get in grocery stores. Trust me, it works!
How to make:
- Clean potatoes (you can peel off the skin if you want, I left mine on) and slice it into thin slices.
- Lightly coat with olive oil or any kind of oil with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Spread them over your microwave ceramic plate in a single layer and cook ’em in the microwave at HIGH for about 4-5minutes.
Thanks to Lydia from My Kitchen, for sharing us the tip on how to make healthy chips minus the oil and calories. And trust me,it taste gooooooooodddd!
Chocolate Cake ( Kek Coklat )
- 290g flour
- 150g cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1tbsp baking soda
- 675g sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 230ml milk
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 170g butter
- 250ml strong coffee
How to make:
- Sift together all the dry ingredients;flour,cocoa powder,baking powder,baking soda,salt.
- Stir in sugar. Sukatan gula ni quite banyak, so if you guys rasa tanak manis sgt,you can always lessen the amount.
- Combine eggs and vanilla essence in a different bowl. You guys kena make sure that the eggs are at room temperature. Kalau bawak kluar straight from fridge let it warm up to suhu bilik dulu baru guna.
- Mix in the eggs into the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, add milk and lemon juice. Actually, this is to substitute buttermilk. Since buttermilk ni susah juga nk carik,you guys can always use this substitution.Let the milk sit for awhile, sampai susu tu jadi pekat sedikit.
- Melt the butter.
- Add in milk(buttermilk tadi),melted butter and coffee ( coffee ni boleh guna Nescafe yang dah dicampur dgn air ) to the dry ingredients.
- This batter will bake you two 9-inch(23cm) cakes. So kalau nak buat satu je,then separuhkan all the ingredients diatas.
- Bake in pre-heated oven (180degrees) for about 50mins or so. You guys kena make sure that you guys preheat the oven dulu. This is very important in order to make sure cake korang bakar naik dengan elok, and doesn’t sink in the middle.
- Transfer pans to a wire cooling rack. Make sure that you guys let the cake cool off completely before doing any decorations on the cake.
I found this recipe after purchasing a book on Cake decorations from Amazon.com:
Kate’s Cake Decorating:
Techniques and Tips for Fun and Fancy Cakes Baked with Love
Buku ni is mainly on how to make decorations for you cake, but inside are also a few recipes on cakes,fondants,buttercream etc. Agak menarik. And I tell you, the chocolate cake is AMAZING!
Sila la cuba resepi kek coklat ni. And if you find some of the ingredients terlebih ke terkurang ke, you can always make adjustments based on you own taste.